So there's just the pure entertainment factor about Blood Ties that makes it a great show to watch. But there are other elements about the show show that make it particularly appealing to me.
- The show doesn't revolve around raising kids or the foibles of married life. Those kind of shows can be fun too, but Blood Ties offers something different, which is nice.
- The protagonist is a woman, who is around my age - and wonder of wonders, she's not obsessing about her biological clock or out looking for a man. I like this, it sends a message that there is more to life than settling down.
- Vicky Nelson is a no-nonsense down to earth person. She's strong, self reliant, and she has principle, and I really like that about her.
- Blood Ties is a lovely escape from the realities of my day to day world. It's a detective show, but it's not realistic reflection of crime like CSI or other popular shows. You watch it and you know it's entertainment and you can relax.
- Blood Ties is just what I need after a long week of slogging away in corporate America. I come home on Friday nights, run the vacuum, get some dinner ready, change into my comfiest pjs--just in time to turn on the tv to Blood Ties.